[geeks] Local Computer Shop window display

Chris Petersen havoc at apk.net
Wed Apr 3 11:16:14 CST 2002

On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 10:05:00AM -0800, Rick Hamell wrote:
> Most computer shops these days have display's full of new hardware that
> they're selling... not this place.
>
> http://1nova.com/~hamellr/computers/display
>
> Rick

Damn, if I didn't know better, I'd be sure that was this dinky little
computer store that was around the corner from the college I attended in
Flint, MI back in the mid-90's (GMI Engineering, for anyone who cares...).
That guy had more old micros than I've seen anywhere before (and since I
scrounge an awful lot at any number of electronic surplus places and
hamfests, that's saying something).

We *almost* bought an old IBM System/36 box off the guy once, since he
focused on micros and really wanted to get rid of the IBM.  Of course, our
main goal was for a new endtable for the house :)

Chris

Chris Petersen			  E-mail: havoc at apk.net
Systems Engineer, ExperTeam Services, EDS PLM Solutions