[geeks] Was: [rescue] damn you bill, now i'm a lowbrowfantoo

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed Apr 3 08:09:51 CST 2002

"Fogg, James" wrote:

> A friend of mine claims that the Luger P-08 "parabellum" was the finest
> handgun design ever. He has a few, but I've never shot one. His claim is
> that the grip angle and balance make for near-perfect aim. I have handled
> these guns and they do seem to make for near perfect single handed aim.
>
> If they are that good, how come everyone has moved away from this
> frame/angle design?

IMO, the luger is great a gun when you can put the weapon out in front
of you, at the end of an outstreched arm.  The angle is great for that
type of shooting.  However, in close quarters, when the gun is going to
be close to your body due to space limitations, you want a grip angle
that is steeper, and more perpendicular to the barrel.  This give
greater control in a wider variety of shooting positions.  My opinion
only.  There are shooters that will disagree with me, of course.

That, and the Luger is ass-ugly (IMO).

Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com