[geeks] Was: [rescue] damn you bill, now i'm a lowbrow fan too

Steven Hill sjh at matrix.net
Tue Apr 2 22:26:58 CST 2002

> For the first time a couple of weeks ago, I shot a pistol. A
> semi-automatic 9MM. Jesus H. fucking Christ. Fuck movies. You have
> no idea how LOUD those things are.
>
> Nothing can prepare you for how loud they are.

hehehe

I shot a 9mm and a .45 at Red's. It was theraputic. It was also more
than a year ago now :-(

I left the range, and took off my ear defenders, just as someone
opened the door, just st the guy with the 222 deer rifle was setting
his sights.

Ouch.

> It was fun. We were in a big meadow. No real danger -- other than
> the obvious -- and I even shot it a couple of times like in the
> movies, 1-handed, just pumping the bullets out.

I am a bit of a chicken like that...

Two or three at any one go, that's the most.

> You know what? Fuck the movies. You can't hit shit when you fire
> like that.

Tried that one handed sideways nonsense?

I never had the guts, and I think the range man at reds would have
shot me for being stupid...

> It was a thrill. But, damn, my ears are still ringing. Everyone in
> the movies who fires a bunch of shots (like in "Pulp Fiction") and
> then immediately has a conversation at normal volume is completely
> and utterly full of three varieties of shit.
>
> Movies. Heh. Who needs 'em?

It is noce to watch them and just go...Naaaah!

S.

--
Steven Hill
Systems Administrator