[geeks] a warning to the self assured

Steven Hill sjh at matrix.net
Tue Apr 2 21:50:51 CST 2002

> On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 08:35:36PM -0600, Steven Hill wrote:
>
> > I have a *cough*good*cough* job, etc. But because I am not a US
> > citizen, am on a H1B, am renting accommodation etc, I get that rate
> > too. I am being humped on insurance, humped on car payments, and noone
> > will issue me a credit card... "Insufficient credit history"
>
> Eek.  I had no credit history, and my bank just gave me a credit card with
> what some people tell me is a very high credit limit.  Funny, I always thought
> of very high as somewhere in the tens of thousands.  Must mean I had a skewed
> view.  And I'd only had my current job for about 7 months at that time.

The thing is, I can get almost as many credit cards from the UK as I
want... I have two VISAcards from The Bank of Scotland now... Just
ditched my egg(.com) card (for general crapness).

All I want to do, is to balance transfer my useful card, and pay it
off at my leisure here... (rather than in the UK where my income is
not what it used to be...) Even Providian "we don't turn anyone down"
turned me down. Bah!

I can't go applying for more cards either, since that will adversely
affect my rating. Ho fucking ho.

Oh well.

ack to beer and Quake II

S.