[geeks] a warning to the self assured

Steven Hill sjh at matrix.net
Tue Apr 2 20:35:36 CST 2002

> >         Unluckily since the last car got totaled out after a wreck, I had
> > to go shopping... no credit mean's %23 finance rate.... I really had
> > little choice at the time. I'll be refinancing soon through my credit
> > union... but still...
> >

> Holy, bloody, fucking, hell!!!
>
> My credit is CRAP and I'm nowhere near that rate.  Jeez, I guess I'm not
> as bad off as I thought I was.
>
> Your credit union can do *way* better than that - I would imagine.

Welcome to *my* world.

I have a *cough*good*cough* job, etc. But because I am not a US
citizen, am on a H1B, am renting accommodation etc, I get that rate
too. I am being humped on insurance, humped on car payments, and noone
will issue me a credit card... "Insufficient credit history"

They still send me all the credit card jumk mail though.

Amusingly enough, I never had these problems as a student, or when I
worked in Edinburgh. I own my flat there, stable income (Until the
vulture capitalists shut my office) and so on... (Oh, and no car to
run...)

Gaaaaah!

I am going to have to get some comfort BBQ now.

S.

--
Steven Hill
Systems Administrator