[geeks] Common IP lease?

Geek geek at geeksworld.net
Tue Apr 2 17:55:58 CST 2002

I have always wondered something that a visitor to my site told me
once. She said she does not use BSD or Linux because of the complete
lack of decent help. I mean your comments would lead any normal
person to say 'fuck it, it's not worth it'. Why is it that the BSD
and Linux communities are so anti user? If someone cannot find
something it does not mean they are inferior, but perhaps they think
in a different way and can't find it by their line of thought. many
people don't look for 'Network setting' but instead look for
'internet connection'. This does not mean they are wrong, just
thinking differently.

Linux and BSD will need to be more friendly and less aggressive when
people need help if they are ever to be decent desktop operating
systems. Just a few thoughts I had when I read that.

Dwight Wallbridge,
Webmaster, Geek, Blogger.

Geek's World http://www.geeksworld.net
Geek Blog New URL http://www.livejournal.com/users/geekmeltdown/