[geeks] Common IP lease?

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Tue Apr 2 14:38:47 CST 2002

[ On Monday, April 1, 2002 at 21:57:39 (-0600), Geek wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [geeks] Common IP lease?
>
> Shaw tells me that my modem is in line with the ones that they are
> moving everyone to.

Yes, that would make sense -- most cable-based ISPs are moving to DOCSIS
compliant gear, for the most part for the same reasons people moved to
VHS and dropped BETA in the home VCR market....  :-)

> You have told me it is pry not their fault, but
> then I ask how to solve this problem.  It is ridiculous to have to
> reboot every two days, and I can find no setting that can lengthen
> this.

I agree, but the only suggestion I can legitimately make myself is to
replace your OS with one that's easier to diagnose problems on....  :-)

(I'd tell you to try calling them for support help, but from what I've
heard they're not much better, and maybe even somewhat worse, than any
other large ISP when it comes to getting good technical support!  :-)

> The problem renewing the lease might be related to whatever is
> giving me errors when trying to access PGP keyserver's.

That would be weird -- i.e. it's unlikley.....  :-)

--
								Greg A. Woods