[geeks] a warning to the self assured

Keith Campbell keith.d.campbell at att.net
Tue Apr 2 11:57:51 CST 2002

> i literally get my statements from the bank and throw them away
without
> reading them because i dont want them cluttering up the house. i check
> my online statement every other day or so, and things mostly stay in
> check. im pretty happy with the system.

While I don't balance my checkbook every month, I *do* keep my
statements.  Throwing them out is just plain stupid.  Sorry.

If you think your current troubles with Comcast are bad, think about
getting audited by the IRS and not having anything to back you up RE:
deductions etc.  You need to keep your canceled checks for at least as
long as you have to keep your past tax forms and other stuff.  I keep
mine for at least 7 years (currently longer than that because I haven't
gone through my file cabinet lately and thrown out any very old stuff.)

Just hope this Comcast thing is the only one you have to regret about
this.