[geeks] It must be spring...

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Apr 2 00:41:30 CST 2002

Steven Hill wrote:

> > Speaking of which:
> > http://www.tippmann.com/gunline/a5.asp
> > I....must....have...this....marker....
>
> woooo, that's some serious hardware...
>
> does the grenade launcher fit on that too?
>
> I went paintballing last weekend for the first time.... And
> surprisingly I wasn't just a large target. Damn that was fun.
> And damn was I sore for three days afterwards... (And I am still
> bruised...)

Hmm.  Possibly not (the grenade launcher).  The overall length doesn't
look like enough to fit the launcher.  However, there's that odd plate
of metal in front of the foregrip.  I imagine we'll see some aftermarket
parts take advantage of that.  I'm going to get one, and then the
electronic trigger frame when it comes out.  I gots to have it!

I make a large target - if the opposition sees me.  I'm a pretty sneaky
bastard though, so usually I pop them as they walk past me :)

I have a Tippmann 98 (early edition) and it's *perfect* for long-range
takedowns.  However, it CQB, like the indoor courses I frequent, you
just need to move that gun around quickly and accurately.  The Model 98
is too long for that, especially with the 16" barrell.

I thought the Impulse would do that, but I got so used to the way that
the Model 98 handles that I'm lost when I use it (the Impulse).  I'm
also very used to heavy markers, and the Impulse is extremely light -
not a bad thing by any strech, but when your used to *heavy* guns it can
make it awkward.

Kurt