[geeks] New Moz 0.9.9

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Mon Apr 1 21:47:20 CST 2002

[ On Monday, April 1, 2002 at 21:49:52 (-0500), Joshua D Boyd wrote: ]
> Subject: [geeks] New Moz 0.9.9
>
> I just installed this on my Linux workstation, and it is tremendously faster
> than 0.9.8.  I mean, I might stop telling people mozilla is slow this is so
> much faster at page loads, opening new windows, redraws, etc.

If you think the new Mozilla is faster, you should try the new Galeon!
It's got a lot less baggage than Mozilla (though it uses the same HTML
rendering code inside), and it's footprint on the system is a lot smaller.

> And I love the tabs.

If you like Mozilla's tabs you'll really love Galeon's.....  The whole
Galeon UI is much improved over the default Mozilla one.

	http://galeon.sourceforge.net/

(you need the mozilla 0.9.9 sources to build galeon 1.2.0, but there are
RH and Slackware (i386-only) builds ready done for you linux users)

--
								Greg A. Woods