[geeks] Programming question.

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Apr 1 19:58:16 CST 2002

Okay, so far, I havent been able to figure out a way to do this, so any
suggestions would be appreciated.

Compare two lists.  List A, and List B.
I want to be able to then extract a list of
elements of List B that are *not* in List A.

In other words, a "diff", but *not* a positional/line-based
diff (as with source code); I just want a "general" diff, if
there is such a thing.  I'm looking at GNU diffutils now, but
cant seem to find what I'm looking for.

Basically, compare two arrays, show elements of array 2 that arent
in array 1...  I dont care about position, just existence.

Make sense at all?

Bill

--
Bill Bradford