[geeks] today's adventure

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Mon Apr 1 13:50:21 CST 2002

On Sun, Mar 31, 2002 at 04:15:43AM -0800, Fogg, James wrote:
> Thats the problem with heavy suburbanization. In order to get some nature
> you have to commute too far.

not entirely true.

> I grew up in a small quiet town in Mass that now resembles suburban Boston.
> The horse farms, lumber mill, forrests are all gone now. If I were to work
> in Mass and live in the country I would have to commute 2 hours. I feel much
> blessed to work and live in the country. I pray daily that my job will be
> around for awhile.

where i grew up i would have had to commute up to an hour.  that's just too
far, but that was completely in the middle of nowehere. :)

where i live now, i drive 20 minutes to work, and if there is no traffic i only
live about 30-40 minutes from philly.  i live in the middle of a state park.
i practically have no neighbors, there are lots of trees and a creek.  it's
fabulous.  and i still only have to drive 20 minutes to get to work. :)
there are plenty of jobs closer as well.  they just aren't hiring yet. :)

-brian
--
"Oh, shut up Buddha."  -Jesus Christ (South Park)