[geeks] Cleaning Discovery of the Millenium!

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 1 10:23:24 CST 2002

No, this isn't spam from the Orange-Kleen people.

I changed the oil in two of my trucks yesterday. It should have been simple.
My old Suzuki allowed me to change the oil filter from above, which is
so-much-nicer than laying on your back and waiting for the oil to splash in
your face. My new Zuki is a V6. I should have known it wouldn't be easy. It
appears that the designers didn't consider what happens when you move the
steering column to the left-side of the truck. If it wasn't there the oil
filter change would have been a snap. To top it off, I suspect the factory
installed the filter with a long torque wrench set to 240 ft/lbs. Anyways, I
got it changed (it will be easy next time) and changed the oil in my wifes
Zuki. In the end, I was covered with tons of oil and grease.

So I head to the bathroom to clean up and find.... the GoJo handcleaner is
missing!! And the only soap around is a bar of Irish Spring. I don't know if
you've ever tried, but nothing sucks more than handsoap and water for grease
removal. A dry bucket of sand works better. So I spotted a pump bottle of
something called Saint Ives Peaches and Cream Renewal Wash. This stuff is
meant for womens faces. I figure that its like liquid soap and therefore I
can skip the water, which will clean a little better than barsoap + water.

I lathered up and reached for the fingernail brush, expecting to use the
brush to scrub the soap into my skin. Thats when I realized that my hands
were clean! I did scrub a little around my nails, but this stuff pretty much
stripped everything off my hands. It even removed the gasoline smell from my
hands (I let my wife's oil in for too long and it picked up some gas). And,
my hands didn't smell like GoJo, which is just slightly better than smelling
like gasoline.

Who would have thought that face-cleaner would do this? My wife says this
stuff has fruit acids to strip top layers of skin, so maybe thats what did
it.

James Fogg, Network Engineer
Vicinity Corporation - New Hampshire
(603) 442-1751