[geeks] poll.

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Apr 1 10:20:55 CST 2002

On April 1, Keith Campbell wrote:
> > > I live alone so I don't feel the need to escape.  I've got better
> things
> > > to do with my time than to sit on the throne and meditate.
> >
> >   I don't think it's an escapism thing...for me, anyway, it's a whole
> > "gotta relax before THE BUSINESS will happen" thing.  I mean, I could
> > always, erm, "force the issue", but bloody toilet paper isn't really
> > within my spectrum of pursuits. ;)
> >
> >   (Hey, Bill brought it up!)
> >
> >            -Dave
>
> Why do you even go in there before you're ready?

  Depends on your definition of "ready".  It could mean "there's a
telephone pole in my ass that needs to come out" or "there's a
telephone pole in my ass that needs to come out AND the gatekeeper
that is my sphincter is ready to allow it to pass"...you see, some
sphincters require a little coaxing...sometimes even a small
bribe...to do the right thing.

  (I think we've hit a new low here, folks)

      -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                    "...it's leaving me this unpleasant,
St. Petersburg, FL                 damp feeling on my shorts..." -Sridhar