[geeks] Sun/SGI CDROM drives

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Apr 1 00:13:42 CST 2002

"Jonathan C. Patschke" wrote:

> > Anyone know where the current deals are on Sun/SGI bootable CDROM
> > drives?
>
> NECs don't work.  Some Toshibas work.  Every Pioneer and Plextor I've ever
> tried has worked beautifully and even had the 512/2k jumper so that you
> could use it on a PC or Macintosh.

Thanks all, I know *which* ones work, I'm an old hand at this.  I was
just wondering *where* one might find them for cheap.  The usual supects
(hitech cafe, dirtcheapdrives, etc) turned up nothing for a reasonable
price.

Thanks to a fellow lister though, I think I have a nice fast Plextor
coming in :)

Kurt