Informal Poll WAS RE: [geeks] Laid off blues

Kurt Huhn geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Oct 22 20:00:59 CDT 2001

> We have a senior admin here who swears he'll never become a manager,
> because then he'd have to quit wearing shorts and sandals.

I took a relative pay cut so that I could work at another startup, and wear
my Uniform [1].  For all intents and purposes, I'm a sysadmin - it just
happens that I have a good title, and I get final say of what happens on the
servers.  I also have to deal with some bullshit though - but it's mostly
minimal since we're a company (largely) full of total geeks.

[1] Jeans and t-shirts, with a pullover or sweatshirt in the winter, and
steel-toe black leather shit-kickers or Vans on my feet.  Nothing more -
sometimes less.

Kurt