[geeks] Sun-HOWTO

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Oct 19 05:56:56 CDT 2001

My company has a dozen production IVR servers, aprox.
200 desktops, and about a half-dozen Citrix/file
servers, and a support staff of three (with a help
desk guy on the way next month).

Our it guys do a great job keeping all the users happy
(about a third of the desktops are laptops that access
the servers from anywhere using a VPN)...

IMHO we are understaffed in IT, but they don't really
complain...

Ken

--- "Peter L. Wargo" <pwargo at basenji.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:
>
> > Eh, we've got six guys adminning ~80 unix boxes; I
> think at least most of
> > the people in the IT department do their own
> "desktop admin".  We have a
> > whole another department to support the normal
> lusers elsewhere in the
> > company... 8-)
>
> Geez, and we got a rash of shit @NCGR for being
> "overstaffed" with four
> people to support 60 or so UNIX desktops, about 30
> PC's, 10 Macs, a dozen
> or so laptops, a room full of servers, and an E10K.

=====
Ken
n2vip at yahoo.com