[geeks] Recommendations or warnings for a new DVD player

Big Endian geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 27 05:26:50 CST 2001

>On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 09:32:45PM -0500, Ken Hansen wrote:
>>  RGB <> Composite
>>
>>  Composite means (IIRC) that the three channels are multiplexed on one
>>  connection, RGB has seperate connections for each of the three guns...
>
>I wouldn't consider using composite for a moment.  Frankly, I'm surprised
>that any modern equipment even has it, considering that even my eight-
>year-old low-endian TV has RGB connections.

My next "TV" (I use a projector) is going to an ElectroHome 8500LC.
It has "RGB" in the form of 5 BNC plugs on the back for R G B H V.
Gotta love it when you can feed an arbitrarily huge picture to the
thing.  The only problem is getting equipment that will feed into it.
Thats why when I get the thing I'm building my own custom
receiver/tivo/5.1 sound system/network tivo/etc out of a few PCI
boards and a PC.  I guess too many years of doing pro audio stuff has
rubbed off on my TV tastes.

daniel