[geeks] Custom NFS servers

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 26 17:49:22 CST 2001

jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu writes:

>Anyway, does anyone know anything about this?  I can't find the article in
>question, and I fear that I threw it away a few weeks ago when I threw away
>most of my linux journals to clear up space.

I had that thought too, glanced at the RFCs, and never got around
to trying it. I think the window of usefullness of that hack has passed.
There are simpler solutions now.

>I thought it would be cool to look into an FTP and http file system.  Imagine
>/http/www.sunhelp.org/index.html or
>/ftp/ftp.gnome.org/anonymous/jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu/pub/gnome/stable/
>Anyway, it was just a thought.

Ah, but wouldn't it be much much cleaner to just have URLs as your
basic filepath type?

-------- David Fischer --------- dave at cca.org --------- www.cca.org --------