[geeks] microcontroller stuff

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 20 20:25:55 CST 2001

jsharp at psychoses.org writes:

>> If I wanted to start playing around with microcontroller stuff, would
>> you guys recommend the Basic Stamp gear, or something else?

>The PIC stuff from MicroChip.  They're kick-ass little chips that can do
>anything you want them to.

How about if you want to control things (detect circuit open/close &
switch relays) via a serial port but don't want to touch a soldering
iron? ie: standalone interface box. Anything reasonably priced out
there?

Someone just invited me to do all the eletronics for an art gallery
installation at some really high-profile (NY?) gallery, but I don't
know anything about electronics, and I don't have the gear to control
via computer.

-------- David Fischer --------- dave at cca.org --------- www.cca.org --------