[geeks] Home Network (Was: Wireless Ethernet)

Fogg, James geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Nov 8 08:54:32 CST 2001

similar combined voice/data over cat5. Apparently there was
> some sort of
> business int he house before, and the phone lines are all
> 25-pair cat3,
> running from  two central boxes on opposite sides of the
> house. It's all

Hey! Leave the 25 pair in place. It's great stuff. I have successfully run
100mb on it for distances of 100 feet without problems (not even repeated
packets). If you need 110 or 66 blocks for the termination I can get some.

btw, if they ran 25pr to each phone then it was an oooold 1A system. That
was vintage 1970 and prior. Those were the phones with a row of clear
plastic light-up pushbuttons on an otherwise normal looking desk set.

If you pull the 25pr, send it to me, I use that stuff for everything.