[geeks] Problem with AXi system and RAM

Kris Kirby geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Nov 3 21:59:55 CST 2001

On Sat, 3 Nov 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:
> Nope; dont even have a framebuffer.  I just tried every possible combination
> of RAM installation (and have the tech manual for the board here); even tried
> only putting 128meg in, and also tried putting JUST a pair of u5/10 64meg
> sticks in (apparently the board will work with 10bit OR 11bit RAM, but not
> both at once).  Same result:

See, I thought they might have been stealing ram (a la SRM) for the FB,
but if none exists...

Next thoughts are anything else that can move and / or is plugged into a
core bus (possible shorting {?bus} card?), the "cmos" battery (as it were
[NVRAM]), and finally temperature.

and to think I type this and every email on a machine running on KNOWN
FLAKEY RAM... :) (on, but the mail stuff doesn't run on it :)

head          up 138+21:07,     0 users,  load 0.02, 0.03, 0.00
spaz          up 138+21:29,     1 user,   load 1.02, 1.04, 1.00

ph33r. :)

-----
<kris at nospam.catonic.net>   |