[geeks] Geeky Solaris question

Ed Pate geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Mar 30 10:26:56 CST 2001

--------------482C964436EAD5615E10CA18

Chris,
    I must concur with you on FASA's performance.  We have better weapons
guidance/aiming systems now than the game system allows for.

    All of the old Avalon Hill classics (most of their old stuff was pretty
good, most of their new stuff was marginal) belong to Hasbro now, too.
Anything that they can't sell a certain quota of just disappears into a black
hole.  If you call them up, they probably wouldn't even know they own the
rights for a lot of those games.  I have a closet full of Avalon Hill, SPI (who
also published Strategy & Tactics), a few TSR, and a host of smaller companies,
never seem to get to play much anymore, though.

    When did WOTC go under?

Ed

Chris Byrne wrote:

> I'm not so sure I want to rpeserve it as is. I'll be honest, I love the
> worlds presented by both games, but I always thought that FASA wrote some
> really bad gaming systems to go along with them.
>
> Now I'm not so sure about mageknight either, but it has to be better than
> shadowruns rulesystem
>
> What I'm more worried about is the future of former TSR products now that
> WOTC is out of business, and Hasbro Interactive is partially owned by
> microsoft.
>
> Chris Byrne

begin:vcard
n:Pate;Ed
tel;fax:904-359-3904
tel;work:904-359-2401
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:CSX Technology;MidTier Strategic
adr:;;550 Water St, J976;Jacksonville;FL;32202;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:Ed_Pate at CSX.com
title:Engineer - Technical Architecture
fn:Ed Pate