[geeks] Here are some geeks with too much time on their hands

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Mar 27 19:00:53 CST 2001

On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 09:24:35AM -0600, Mike Hebel wrote:
> How many boards does it take to get one of those things running - would it
> be possible with only the CPU board running "headless"?  Looking at the size
> of the fridge I pointed out it might be possible if the guts of the VME rack
> were empty of all except the CPU board.  Limited function sure but it would
> still technically be the same machine.

An Indy motherboard is *tiny*.  All you'd really need would be a longer cable
so you could stash the power supply (and the power switch) away somewhere...

At least 3" of the width of an Indy is the power supply, which "slides" onto
the metal tray containing the motherboard, for those of you who have never
taken one apart (I've sure replaced enough power supplies...)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net