[geeks] car question

Joshua D. Boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Mar 24 01:58:55 CST 2001

My parents have never had major problems with the Cryslers they've owned.
I remeber they had:

* a Dodge Colt wagon. Don't rember much about it was too young
* a Dodge Cornet. Early 70s (72-73 maybe) I think. Kid bought it from them
	in late 90s to use as parts on his souped up cornet after my
	parents	got a japanese beater that later became my car.
* a Dodge Aspen wagon.  About the same age as the Cornet.  They drove that
	to the ground. I hated it cause it smelled awefull.  They got it
	for free from a farmer who had carried some really unpleasant
	things in the back, like cows and fertalizer.
* a Plymouth Gran Fury (mid eightys, 86 maybe).  They had it a year, sold
	it to a friend when the next car came from an Uncle for dirt cheap.
* a Chrysler Fifth Avenue (88 I think).  Traded in on a Jetta (not my
	Jetta) after my grandmother gave us her Ford Escort (which was
	traded in on the next car).
* Caravan.  93 or 94 I think.  Too new to be revelvant to the poor quality
	years discussion.  Got it by trading in grandmother's escort.
	Pretty much an even trade.

Anyway, I don't know about the Aspen or Colt (too young remeber), but the
other cars were quite reliable.    Actually, come to think of it, I think
only the Granfury was from the years you listed as problematic.

Of the American car brands, my parents refuse to buy anything not made by
Chrysler.  This is probably influenzed by the fact that my parents didn't
any small Chryslers between 78 and 86 except that Gran Fury.  Don't know
what they will think of modern Chryslers.  My dad isn't a big fan of the
Caravan's engine compartment, but he liked it better than any of the other
minivans he looked at.

Personally, until such time as I'm much richer, I refuse to buy anything
that isn't a VW or Audi.  That is mainly because my mechanic is cheap and
honest, and refuses to touch anything but VW and Audi.

--
Joshua Boyd