[geeks] car question

Chris Byrne geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Mar 23 18:43:17 CST 2001

Well Amy, Scarlett is very pretty, and I'm glad you are happy, though I have
to say you payed quite a lot for her.

You are right to be amazed at her condition. LeBarons had a long history of
reliability problems, especially the Turbo models, and the convertibles.
Most were sold to young women (the target market was female 16-28) and while
it may be stereotypical to say that most women don't know much about cars,
in the demographics case it's true. Generally speaking they are very poorly
maintained, and the fact is that no chrysler built in the 80's or early 90's
had what I would call good quality. Many were actually returned to the
dealers as lemons, and they also were very high theft vehicles like any
convertible.

www.chrisbyrne.com/personal.html has a pic of my car, a '99 Saturn SC2M. I'm
a big motorhead, and Saturns quality impresses me. I've had the card for 2
and 1/2 years now, and the only problem I've had was my seat back adjusters
broke. And considering how heavy I am, I'd say that's my fault not the cars
;-)

Of course I have it a little modified. I used to autocross and ice race with
it.

Chris Byrne