[geeks] Firewalls...

Chris Byrne geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Mar 23 00:35:58 CST 2001

It is, but that isn't supported in any of the standard consumer and low end
commercial chipsets.

In order to get mutiple PCI busses you need one of the highly parallel
chipsets that were developed for large scale SMP servers on intel. The
smallest one I've seen with multiple PCI busses was an 8 way with 2 busses.

These things are INCREDIBLY expensive, and you dont get a lot of bang for
your buck. I mean who wants to run a 32 processor server with NT (generally
the only OS these large scale platforms support)

Chris Byrne