[geeks] SAR logfile analysis tools?

Jonathan Katz geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Mar 20 13:37:11 CST 2001

Bill asked about tools to assist in using sar and I wrote:
> > I typicaly use 'awk'.
> > *ducks, runs*

And them Bill threatened:
> DONT MAKE ME SLAP YOU.

LOL -- now all the people who I'm in this training class with are
looking at me funny!

> Basically just trying to spot a system bottleneck/performance issue..
> this is on a DU 5.1A box (I'm just the multi-platform-bitch here at
> work...)

Hey, you're the one that called yourself a bitch, not me =D

DU box? Poor fella... When will they port Solaris to Alpha? There has
to be *some* grad student who w/ the source code to Solaris 8 wants to
make that happen, too.

Are you guys running any systems management stuff, like BMC Patrol or
Tivoli?

-Jon