[geeks] preferred fonts?

Jeff Workman geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Mar 18 23:29:44 CST 2001

I really like the default font that Winterm and xwsh uses in IRIX.  There's
a VGA font that I like to use with Linux, that's pretty nice, too.  I would
have to look to see what font I use with Solaris, and I'm quite a ways away
from my orkstation to see. :).

Jeff

Stoned koala bears drooled eucalyptus spit in awe as Bill Bradford
exclaimed:

> What font do y'all use in xterms and such?  I've always been partial to
> "fixed" when doing 1024x768 or 1152x900, but when I go up to 1280x1024
> it tends to be a bit small, but isnt available at >9point.  However,
> I have failed yet to find one thats as "square" and looks good for an
> 80x25 (or 80x50, etc) xterm for doing email, irc, netnews, etc...
>
> Suggestions?  Favorites?
>
> Bill
>
> --
> Bill Bradford
> mrbill at mrbill.net
> Austin, TX

"...and the burnt fool's bandaged finger goes wobbling back to the
fire." -Joe Zeff in the SDM.