[geeks] Help me identify...

Robert J. Slover geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Mar 17 16:22:53 CST 2001

> Hi guys!
>
> My dad is now teaching high school (of all things.) He's actually
> teaching kids stuff they need to know for CCNA and A+ Certs. Don't
> debate the merits (lack thereof) but he was going through the
> storeroom and found some stuff circa 1976. He said it was labelled
> 'S2G' (or SG2) and there were two PCs. Based solely on that info do
> any of you think you know what that is? He's going to snag them
> next week and I'll have posession of them next weekend. He said
> they were "really dusty" and "probably not working" but that's the
> easy part :)
>
> TIA!
>
> -Jon

Jon,

If I had to guess, I'd say IIgs.  It is also not
clear from your message whether the stuff labeled
in this way has anything to do with the 2 PC's. One
is very likely to find Apple II-era stuff hanging
around in school storage closets.  A few years ago
I visited my old high school Calc teacher (who ran
the computer club and still uses her II) and ended
up with a full set of Apple II manuals and disks
still in the shrink wrap from the closet of a lab
that had been full of PC's for 8 years.  She was
amazed that I wanted them.

Whatever it is, I hope you find it interesting.

--Robert