[geeks] Doh - too cever for my own good was: Who can read this?

Christopher Byrne geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Mar 16 02:44:52 CST 2001

Hmm, as Michael Shiller just pointed out to me, I accidentally used
the wrong options for PGP and produced a correctly signed, but also
encrypted to my public key message which obviously none of you
should be able to read.

Ooops.

I of course had only intended to digitally sign the message, but
accidentally encrypted it using my own public key instead.

This is what happens when you get too clever for your own good folks.

See I was really trying to see if people could read this

And decided I would sign it just to see who used PGP

Two lessons here. One, the windows implementation of PGP sucks (big
surprise there)
And two, attempting to be clever often makes you look like an idiot
;-)

Especially considering I'm a security engineer, and I should have
been more careful

DOH!

Chris Byrne