[geeks] WHATS WRONG WITH YOU

Kurt Mosiejczuk geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Mar 13 16:33:41 CST 2001

On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:

> NO POSTS SINCE 8:36 THIS MORNING
>
> WHATS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE

I spent most of this morning catching up on my rescue list emails =)

Okay, Here goes.

A week ago Sunday, my wife and I bought a TiVo.  I love the thing.
First, just the idea of having a set-top linux box is cool.

But beyond that, it's way neat.  There is a whole paradigm shift in
how you watch TV.  You don't watch things as they air any more, you
catch them later, and without commercials.

Although, one really neat thing recently.  I was waiting on dinner,
and all the shows that had been recorded my wife and best friend would
want to see, so I checked out "Live TV".  The TiVo keeps a half hour
buffer, so when I decided that the Outer Limits episode it happened to
be on was cool, I was able to rewind the 20 minutes to the beginning and
watch the whole thing =)

That and I love that it makes you little program "offerings", as if in
worship =)  (It tries to guess what you like and will record stuff
if it has space and you aren't watching TV).

Okay, there is my geek/gadget story for the day =)

--Kurt