[geeks] The one that got away...

Jonathan Katz geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Mar 11 11:10:47 CST 2001

Bill asked:
> Is it a sign of the apocalypse if I've started getting rid of (or banishing
> to the garage) all the hardware except that that I actually *use* ?

No.... I was doing that (2nd bedroom, not garage, but same idea.) Makes the
place look a little neater, and when you have non-geek-females over they
aren't tripped out by all the gear laying around.

I'm upset my playroom (living room) is trashed because my win2k box 'died'
and I put in that other HD to put OpenBSD on here. Still didn't fix my
mp3 skipping problem, though. It's not disk i/o related (mp3s nfs mounted
from disk array.) I think mpg123 is pushing decoded frames a bit too quickly
to the sound card, and the sound card's buffer isn't... I dunno, sized
right or something. It's weird-- it decodes frames out of over for a
portion of a song, about 35% of the time :/

-Jon