[geeks] Re: Sun Blade Questions

William Barnett-Lewis geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Mar 10 21:51:44 CST 2001

Combining answers...

Thanks for the info. I was looking at an HP CD-RW, but I'll look for a
Plextor instead.
As for the USB, the new white paper on the 100 claims it should work;
with luck I'll know before the end of the month... :>

> One, if the U10 is any indication as ong as it's a 512byte block compatible
> CD-RW (I highly recommend Plextor) it should work.

> Second, the best IDE drives right now are definitely the IBM's the biggest
> are from Maxtor. The IBM Deskstar 75gxp series is basically the top of every
> major hardware reviewing sites hdd list. Take a look at
> www.storagereview.com for more info.

Good to know. Thanks.

> If you ever plan on it breaking, ever, trust me get the silver warranty.
> There's lightyears difference in the quality of serive you will recieve. Of
> course if you are going to modify the machine with non-sun parts, dont
> bother with the warranty at all since it's oided by that anyway.

As in, if I get the CD-RW and it works, if the Blade ever breaks make
sure the origional is to hand to slap in prior to the tech seeing said
machine? Or are they worse than that about it? This will be my first
experiance with a _new_ Sun, so it would be nice to know how picky they
are. I'm too used to rescued machines that have to be hacked on to get
them running, I guess.

> Chris Byrne

William

--
You better watch out	What you wish for;
It better be worth it	So much to die for.