[geeks] This bogles my mind

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 28 11:36:45 CDT 2001

On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 10:36:53AM -0400, Michael S. Schiller wrote:
> Bill:
> You're missing the point. While you might have nothing to worry about, doesn't
> it bother you that basically you're considered guilty until you prove your
> innocence? Because of this 'war on drugs' we've given up a lot of our
> freedoms.
> -Mike

I dont see that I've given anything up by pissing in a cup.  It lets
me know that I've gone through the same screening process as my coworkers,
and that I"m not going to be managing systems alongside some deranged
crackhead.

Working for my company is a priviledge, not a right, and in order to
get that priviledge, I piss in a cup.  Tiny tradeoff.  I'd rather pee in
a cup and get the job I have now, than not pee in a cup and work at
McDonalds.

(like I said, I dont mind what people do in their own home, but
 wouldnt want to have to work with someone whose head was fried,
 either..)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford