[geeks] This bogles my mind

Chad A. Chance geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 28 10:33:29 CDT 2001

Because of this "war on drugs" we are letting violant offenders out early.
In many states they have implemented a mandatory minumum sentance for drug
offences. What this means is that if you are convicted of drug possesion or
any other drug related crime and you get sentanced for 10 years, you will do
10 years. What then happens is the violent offenders, who don't have such a
thing, are getting out WAY early, because there isn't anough room for them
because of all the dope smokers. I had a friend just 2 years ago get busted
with less than a gram of pot, he got a year, plus some ungodly amount of
community service. He served the whole year for what amounted to about a
half of a joints worth of dope, that's messed up.

There was a case that I was a witness to, about 2 years ago as well, the guy
got charged with kidnapping, assualt and battery, illeagel weapons charges
and resisting arrest. He served 8 months...

Once again, I will stop before I get carried away....
Chad