[geeks] life

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 27 19:44:37 CDT 2001

kris at catonic.net writes:

>You should try attending one in the Deep South. Half the crowd understands
>that they are at a rock concert and This Stuff Happens Normally; the other
>half thinks they are in a fight or something and attack those around them.
>It's brutal, for no good reason. I've got a friend down here from Philly;
>he said that these are the most violent pits he's ever seen.

I can imagine! I've heard from several people that the worst pits are
for.... arg. That Texas redneck-version-of-slayer band that I can never
remember....

So I would assume that their pits, in their home territroy, are
insane.

The most violent pit I've seen was for Slayer at a small nightclub.

The most bizarre pit I've seen, people kept lighting strings of firecrackers,
in the middle of the very dense & dark pit. That was really funny, as seen
from a distance. :-)

The crowd I mostly hang with doesn't really mosh, we just dance so
fast and spasticly, that people fall into each other, and the crowd
surges back and forth, and it looks kind of like moshing from the
outside, but it really isn't. However, sometimes a show attracts
people from several different sub-genres of punk, each of which
have thier own attitudes about moshing, so sometimes things get more
violent/annoying.

Last night was just crazy intense fun.

-- david fischer -- dave at cca.org -- www.cca.org -- Cthulhu told me to. --