[geeks] Q: about"The Sims" game

Will Mc Donald geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 21 05:02:31 CDT 2001

From: "David Cantrell" <david at cantrell.org.uk>

> On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 09:53:08AM +0100, Will Mc Donald wrote:
>
> > Catching up on loads of mail so I haven't read any of the replies to
this.
> > Try...
> >
> > www.gamecopyworld.com
>
> The cracks on there seem to be of rather dubious quality.  None of them,
> for instance, could persuade Sim City 3000 to work under Win98 in vmware.
>
> --
> David Cantrell

Really? I haven't used gamecopyworld.com for a while, just dragged it up
from memory. It's been ages since I've used game cracks anyway, it just
seems easier to buy them if I want them nowadays.

Do the cracks you've tried work OK if you just boot Windows rather than
running on vmware?

I've never really used vmware, I've had to help one of our dev guys out with
some config stuff once or twice and it seems nice but I'm of the opinion
that if you need more than one OS you're best off with multiple machines.
Multiple boot and emulation just seems like too much of a pain in the arse.