[geeks] Turing Machine...

Sam Creasey geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 21 03:03:12 CDT 2001

On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 02:15:28AM -0400, Sam Creasey wrote:
> > I've always thought that "Doom: The Movie" was an acceptable summary for
> > The Event Horizon...  (some bizarre scientific experiment held in space
> > goes totally wrong, and creates a portal to hell which evil comes out into
> > our space through...)
> > Now, granted, I was not really in my right/sober mind when I saw this
> > movie, I could be missing something. :)
>
> Reading the book was disturbing enough, was the movie as freaky?

It was....   extremely bizarre...   enough to make the viewer definatly a
little jumpy by the end of the flick, even if you usually find horror
movies to be rather, well..  blah...

It's a shame there aren't more examples of the sci-fi/horror genre...
(my mind is actually a blank at the moment, but I'm sure there are a few).

my favorite corner movie genre is still "post-apocalyptic action sci-fi"
(think "aliens", or perhaps "the running man"), but there are a good
number of examples for that one.

-- Sam

Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as
kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to
repetitive music.
        -- Unknown