[geeks] OT: (Off topic) Computer/Internet-related content

Dan Debertin geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Jun 19 20:05:46 CDT 2001

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Jeff Workman wrote:

> There was quite a heated discussion on the NANOG list about this crap a
> couple of months ago.  I thought their upper management had decided that it
> was a Bad Idea and gone back to trading kiddie pr0n or whatever it was that
> they did in their spare time before they decided that they could Make Money
> Fast from the internet.

Yeah; they've been through this mess several times.

It's funny -- the mere mention of "new.net" or "ORBS" on those operational
fora (NANOG, inet-access, etc.) has the almost pavlovian effect of
generating flamefests and inbox-filler. You could probably do a
sociological thesis using the members of NANOG as your subjects ;).

I unsubbed from NANOG months ago due to almost complete lack of useful
discussion. Sad, considering that it used to be really good.

Dan
--
Dan Debertin
airboss at nodewarrior.org