[geeks] OT: (Off topic) Computer/Internet-related content

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Jun 19 16:48:16 CDT 2001

On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 05:37:26PM -0400, Ken Hansen wrote:
> New.net unveils 10 new Internet domain names
> Internet start-up New.net has unveiled 10 new top-level domain names for Web
> sites, including .love, .golf and .church. But they aren't recognized by the
> official agency that oversees domains.

"Because they aren't official top-level domains, the top-level domains set up
by New.net require Internet users to install a small software application that
will allow a user's computer to find the domains on the Internet. New.net also
has agreements with several large national Internet service providers that
automatically are set up to recognize the company's top-level domains. "

E.g., a hack.  bogus.  If I cant hit a domain from the root nameservers,
in my view, it doesent exist.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford