[geeks] Re: [rescue] RE: Small schools...

Joshua D. Boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Jun 19 10:48:34 CDT 2001

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Ken Hansen wrote:

> Also, remember - this is (typically) an under age student (< 21 yrs. old),
> living in a dorm room on a college campus. Go off campus and you only have
> the law to deal with. In every case (I assume) the colleges are proud of
> their policies, and the parents that send their children to these schools
> agree with the policies. Older students are expected to make their own
> decisions.
> Also, we are also talking about schools *much* smaller than any state
> college, typically just several hundred students.

Who cares what the parents think?  It's not like they are paying.  Oh
crap, I forgot.  I'm wierd.  Most parents do pay.

I don't know that I've heard any policies about weapons on campus.  I know
a few people who carry (one actually has a concealed weapons permit, just
cause he could get it.  I should have done that when I could.  Now I need
to wait 5 years, w/o moving, which I don't plan to do).

I know that we have had armed body guards on campus (visiting royalty,
etc).

--
Joshua Boyd