[geeks] IRC

Michael S. Schiller geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 18 20:22:16 CDT 2001

I have an IRC related question:

Using BitchX on a Sun running CDE is there a way to scroll the message window
up/down? when running gnome I can just use the page-up and page-down keys like
the program intends them to be used, but with CDE, those keys are used for the
scroll buffer in the terminal window! This is one of the things I could never
quite figure out!

-Mike

Brian Hechinger wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 08:55:51PM -0400, Jeff Workman wrote:
> >
> > For a text mode client I like Epic combined with the splitfire.irc script
> > (Can't remember a URL right now, but it's on Freshmeat.)  For a graphical
> > client, I absolutely *love* X-Chat. It requires GTK, though, if that's a
> > problem.
>
> yeah, i'm too lazy to install gtk, so i just use BitchX. ;)
>
> -brian

*PGP fingerprint= D2 4F A8 B7 13 D5 73 1E  48 99 40 99 F9 BC 74 74 *
*Email: schiller at agrijag.com       \|||/    http://www.agrijag.com *
*Voice: 423-625-6349               (o o)    FAX: 423-623-9054      *