[geeks] Re: Ham license question...

John Duksta geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 6 12:39:33 CDT 2001

> > -john (who keeps threatening to become a licensed ham,
> > but always manages to find other projects that have to
> > be done first.)
>
>With the licencing changes its stupidly easy to be a ham now. No code for
>tech,
>5 wpm for all other classes. The same problem we see with certification in the
>puter industry is happening with radio, people who aren't qualified but have
>good memory are passing the exams.

I'm sure I could study for and pass the test with no problem.
That's not what's at issue here. What is at issue is that then
I'll have to go out and buy MORE GEAR and the last thing I need
is MORE GEAR.

I've been trying over the last 6 months or so to pare down
the amount of gear in the office at home to just the bare
minimum for what I really do computing-wise at home (which
isn't a whole hell of a alot)

And my latest hobby (expanding my horizons here) is learning
how to play guitar. It's been a month now and I've almost got
2 songs down and the fingertip callouses are coming along nicely.

-john