[geeks] Metropolis

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 31 23:36:48 CDT 2001

in reverse order...

Copyrights can be renewed, IIRC.

When originally shown, the music was performed in the theater by musicians,
IIRC.

The Flashing comes from missing/out of sync frames - the first cameras were
advanced by *hand* by the camera man - they didn't have electric motors to
advance the film through the camera. You knew that, because when you play
(or *watch* other people if you insist ;^) charades, how o you indicate
"movie title"? You make a lens with one hand and *crank* with the other...

As for the "talking" - the words on screen don't have the name of the
speaker - how else would you know who said something you just read? It's
quite clever - it leave lots of room for the text/dialouge...

Now, try my film - "Cinima Paradiso", be warned, it is a chick-flick...

HTH,

Ken