Mixing (another music branch of: Re: [geeks] what a variety)

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 30 21:11:09 CDT 2001

pwargo at basenji.com writes:

>Fun mixing analog & digital, and I *love* a good RTR w/DBX.  Hell, my
>Pioneer 2track is +- 3db all the way up to 28KHz at only 7 1/2 ips!  Take
>that, digital!  Phhhhbt!

Over at the RCS we have a late 60s HP 8-track RTR in a 7' tall rack.
The tape unit does up to 60 IPS. The units driving the 8 channels are
configured for 2 channels direct, and 6 channels FM, so you can record
DC voltage levels. (It was hooked up to instruments in a neuro lab.)
You could replace the FM units and make the whole thing direct for
audio though.

-------- David Fischer --------- dave at cca.org --------- www.cca.org --------
-------- If it wasn't for good luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all. -------