[geeks] what a variety

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 30 20:42:31 CDT 2001

ward at zilla.nu writes:

>On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 09:40:55PM -0400, Ken Hansen wrote:
>> Anyone here tinker with those SCSI-based digital home multi-track recorders?
>> They look fun, but their prices are around $500++ IIRC...

>SCSI?  Like a Tascam with SCSI?

Yeah, a friend of mine has one of those. In fact I think it is a
Tascam.  Incredibly brain-damaged about storage devices! It can only
talk to one scsi device at a time (as in: per recording session). No
transfering between different devices! Ludicrous.

They're kinda nice, but painfull when you hit limitations that wouldn't
be there if it was simply a full computer.

And of course, except at the extremely high end, most "8 track" recorders
can only record two tracks at a time.

-------- David Fischer --------- dave at cca.org --------- www.cca.org --------
-------- If it wasn't for good luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all. -------