[geeks] Introductions (was Re: Etiquette)

joshua d boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Jul 29 12:22:49 CDT 2001

On Sat, Jul 28, 2001 at 11:25:18PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> This form is for "whatever".  BTW, why dont you introduce yourself
> to the group?  In fact, why doesent *everyone* reintroduce themselves..

Right, so I'm 21 till November.  I work at Armstrong World Industries,
which I hope to stay at tille I graduate, doing mainly excel and access
hacking.  Perhaps not the most exciting work, but they pay well and have
some interesting problems and solutions coded in these programs.

Free time I use unix to get things done, and like to study interesting
environments.  I'm currently trying to master scheme.  I'm not a server
oriented guy, although I can set them up and run them.  And while I spend
most of my time in command shell type environments, I do care a lot about
graphics performance.

I'm a senior at Millersville University, which is a state school.  I major
in computer science.  I looked at a lot of schools up and down the east
coast, and over into the mid west a bit, and decided that what I wanted
was a program that didn't wimp on computer science (in otherwords, I
didn't want a thinly disguised MIS degree for instance), but I still
wanted it to be a liberal arts degree.  I finally settled on MU, which
also happened to be pretty close to where I already lived.

I'm an now finally starting to consider the idea of having a life in a way
that could be permenant.  It cuts into my hacking time, but it seems to be
worth it.

--
Joshua D. Boyd