[geeks] UPS and shipping morons

David Cantrell geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Jul 29 09:54:11 CDT 2001

On Sun, Jul 29, 2001 at 10:46:03AM -0400, Ken Hansen wrote:

> And, of course, USPS offers saturday delivery for *free*...
>
> I used USPS to ship two SS/5s to Scotland not long ago, I think it was $100
> with an estimated delivery of 4 - 6 weeks...

Yep, I always use the plain ol' post office for shipping stuff.  Even if
I go for one of the priority rates, it's still half the price and double
the quality of any of the competition.

For really large stuff, I'll use a private courier service.

Do not be afraid of cooking, as your ingredients will know and misbehave
   -- Fergus Henderson