[geeks] scifi and TANKS

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Jul 29 02:59:41 CDT 2001

Hrm, I found that I didn't enjoy the feintuch books, probably for the=20
same basic reason Honor bored me after 2 books. The protaganist doesn't =

change. I'm 30, and I'm sure as hell not who I was ten years ago, withou=
t=20
losing limbs, killing dozens of people, or fighting military bur- oh,=20
wait, I did that one.

The old Dorsai stuff is ever worth rereading, and White occasionally doe=
s=20
something really good.=20

Though they are not military, I gighly recommend both the Firestar serie=
s=20
by Mike Flynn, and the nuetronium alchemist series by Peter Hamilton (wh=
o=20
is getting heavily screwed, because the first to books in the sextology =

are never in stock, you have to order them. Sad to try and turn people o=
n=20
to books that are in print but which the megastores won't carry.)

-Christof

> The "Hope" series, the Seafort saga, by David Feintuch is pretty damne=
d=20
good,
> but went to hell after "Voices of Hope", and "Patriarch's Hope" is jus=
t a
> waste of paper.. but "Children of Hope" looks to have potential.

> Bill (and of course, there's always the Callahan's stuff by Spider=20
Robinson;
>       I'm still waiting for _Callahan's Lady_ to be printed and
>       _Lady Slings the Booze_ to be reprinted.. _Callahan's Key_ was=20
*great*,
>       but confusing if you hadnt read the others first, which I went b=
ack=20
and